Announcing BelManage 2013
Maynard, MA, USA - 2 August 2013 - We are very pleased to announce the release of our BelManage 2013 system. New features include security updates for all Adobe, Apple an Oracle/Java products in addition to the Microsoft security updates supported in previous versions. In addition we have enhanced the Search features to allow for more customized searches. For a more complete list of new features, please see below.
- Enhanced Security Update Detection - Now reports on Adobe, Apple and Java/Oracle Security Updates Needed. In addition BelManage reports on End-Of-Life versions for these products.
- New SQL Servers Report- Shows all SQL Server instances installed, for easier software license management and compliance.
- New Search by Software Changes - Allows for more flexible and detailed Change History searches. Now Change History reports can be created for specified software on a specified group of computers over a selected time period. This report is great for auditing software changes and allows optional selection of specific software products and versions. This feature requires the Change History module.
- New Search by Other Changes - Shows System or Hardware change history by selected computers over a selected time period. This report is great for auditing system or hardware changes , allowing optional selection of specific hardware or system change details. This feature requires the Change History module.
- New Search by Registered Software - Shows computers which have Registered Software installed with a specific Product ID or Registration Number (Product Key for Microsoft Products) installed.
- New All Subnets Reports - Adds the All subnet to each Network report showing all subnet details in one report.
- New All Hotfixes Needed In One Report - Now shows all security hotfixes needed in a single report via the Hotfixes Needed report's new Total Hotfixes link.
- New All Systems Needing Hotfixes In One Report - Now shows all computers needing security hotfixes in a single report via the Hotfixes Needed report's new Total Systems link.
- New Search by Notes User Name - Searches for systems by Notes User name.
- New Selectable Computer Identifier - Let you easily select computer identification columns (default System Name, Login User) that will then show in all of the relevant reports.
- New Move Profiles Page - Allows bulk group movement of profiles specified by computer name, serial number, or asset tag.
- New Export All Systems Page - Allows bulk exporting of each detailed profile to a separate external html file, all in one file, or all in one browser window for printing or PDF conversion.
- Improved Software Compliance Page - Now supports distinct compliance settings by operating system.
- Improved Profile Summary Report - Now shows Linux Build details (for client version 6.1.1) and Mac OS X Build Number (for client version 5.4.6).
- New Multiple Home Groups per BelManage User - Adds the ability for a BelManage user account to access multiple distinct subgroups anywhere in the BelManage grouping.
- Improved Help Desk Interface - The Help Desk interface can now be used by any BelManage user that can view reports. Previously the Help Desk Interface could only be used by the Help Desk user type.
Belarc, Inc. develops and licenses Internet based products which help make computers easier to maintain and secure by large enterprises, small businesses and individual consumers. Our products are used for software license management, cyber security status, IT asset management, configuration management, and more. Belarc's products are in use on well over fifty million computers and are licensed by numerous customers worldwide including: AIG, Catholic Relief Services, Federal Aviation Administration, Kindred Healthcare, NASA, Sungard, Travelers, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Navy, Unilever, WebMD/Emdeon, and many more.