BELARC WHITE PAPERS
Belarc currently has the following white papers in circulation:
- "Software License Management", Why spend so much money on unused software and annual maintenance? One-half of many software budgets is spent on maintaining existing software. This is an excellent opportunity to significantly reduce annual IT expenses, and improve IT security.
- "System management for the new enterprise environment", describes how customers can move from the current environment of data silos to an enterprise-wide central repository (CMDB), which is automatically updated and accessible by both local administrators and HQ personnel.
- "Securing the Enterprise", enterprise-wide, standards-based, continuous monitoring of automated security controls". IT security best practices are changing from relying on static C&A processes with infrequent audits, to continuous and automated monitoring of important security controls. This paper shows how this goal can be best accomplished by moving away from traditional LAN based scanner technologies and using a WAN based architecture with instrumented end-points.
And the following product papers:
- "Belarc & Microsoft's SCCM". Belarc's products and Microsoft's SCCM product were designed around very different architectures and for different purposes. In many ways these products are excellent complements to help IT organizations manage their distributed IT assets. This paper describes the architectural differences and discusses the different roles that each product plays in the IT organization.
- "Belarc Summary", is a short paper describing how Belarc's products are used.
- Mapping the NIST SP 800-53 (rev 4) security controls to Belarc's products.
Please send us an email with the title of the white paper(s) you wish to receive, the reason for your interest in IT system management, and where you learned about Belarc: email@example.com